“…personal thanks to you and the entire Marriott team”
Client’s disposal requirement
Client must remove and dispose of a huge quantity of unique components from a logistics facility in London within a specified timeframe, transport them to a storage facility under our control, sort and lot the components, offer them for sale by online tender, present the best offers to our client, complete the sales and transfer the proceeds to our client within ten weeks following instruction
Marriott & Co.’s advice and the key issues
In order to provide best professional advice, Marriott & Co. asked for a meeting on site so that the scale of the case could be gauged. Marriott & Co. advised:
- Removal of the components from the logistics facility in London (requiring twenty 40-foot artic trailers) to a large storage facility under our control where they could be sorted, identified and displayed to best advantage
- careful sorting, cataloguing, lotting and photographing each lot
- the best means of disposal would be a sealed-bid tender as there were a limited number of potential buyers
- working closely with the client to identify the parties likely to be interested in buying the components in question, marketing the sale extensively and ensuring that the marketing effort included direct telephone approaches to the potential buyers to confirm that they were aware of the sale
- presenting best bids to client with our recommendations
- completing sales and obtaining payment from the buyers in full within five days
Marriott & Co. was instructed accordingly, and accounted to the client for the seven-figure realization within ten weeks from taking control of the assets.
The client was thereby released from its obligation to the logistics facility, and converted its stock in to cash.
“The feedback I’ve received from the team in relation to the services you provided has been consistently positive. Please accept my personal thanks to you and the entire Marriott team for all your hard work and professionalism in helping us achieve such a great result from the auction.”